Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Swirly Icing Flower

Hello! I'm still here in case you are wondering. I have been really busy and working diligently at coordinating and cutting fabric for various projects. I'm overwhelmed and feel as if I'm going nowhere fast. Unfortunately, I'll be in this state of frenzy from now until the end of November. You'd think that I'd be used to this by now as this craziness repeats itself every year.

All I can say is that I hope you like prototypes! I'll be leaving you with yet another. This reminds me of those little icing flowers that you see on birthday cakes. Each of the petals are made from one-half of a yo-yo. I love the swirls and motion the petals get from the gathers of the yo-yo.


I hope you have a wonderful day. Gotta run. Take care.

Aloha!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

You amaze me.
Michelle

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Very cute!
Laura

Teresa said...

Very pretty.

Lorraine said...

Half of a yo-yo - would that be a yo! Sorry, couldn't resist. It does remind me of those icing flowers. So very pretty!

Cathi said...

It does look like the icing flowers on cakes! You just never stop with these ideas!!

Laila said...

Loce your "icing" flower.Have a great day on the run. Klem

Cheryl said...

As my friend Doe would say "stinkin cute"!!!!!

sweetiepie said...

How neat! I think your prototypes are great. I never tire of seeing your creations.

Anonymous said...

I tried making these last year. I gave up on them because they did not turn out right. Maybe I will have to try again.

Janie